Summer Programs 2022
We’re happy to offer “The Zone”, a fun, dynamic and inclusive summer day camp that empowers children aged 5-17 to build connections with their peers as they engage in a variety of age-appropriate interests and activities. While the focus is FUN for the participants, we’ve designed this awesome program around building social and emotional skills that can make it easier for children and teens to:
- develop emotional literacy and social awareness skills
- enhance relationships
- boost self-esteem
- learn to initiate and maintain positive relationships with others at home, at school, in recreational programs and other social environments
Space is limited, so it’s important to register right away. To get started, select the grade your child will enter in the fall of 2022. Please note that a separate form must be completed for every registrant.
What’s great about our programs?
Aside from fantastic highly-trained leaders, an enthusiastic staff, a safe and secure learning space, kiddos who attend our day camps get to enjoy:
- Organized games, recreational activities, arts and crafts activities, role-playing and supervised off-site activities like rock climbing, bowling and swimming to promote friendship-building and cooperation.
- Making friends
- Developing verbal and non-verbal communication, perspective-taking, expressing and understanding feelings, recognizing “triggers”, solving problems and self-regulation.
- Adjusting activities to meet the ongoing needs of the participants.
- Individualized goals and objectives
- Hands-on social skill activities learned and applied in the environment and context where they are used.
We also offer a Parent Seminar where we discuss strategies and approaches we are using and empower parents to continue this work at home.
- $125 a week for a 5-day camp 9-4 or $25 a day.
- Before care (7:30 – 9 a.m.) and aftercare (4-5:30 pm) are $50 per week per child or $10.00 a day.
- For children receiving FSCD support, the cost is $8.00 a day
- Scholarships may be available based on need. Please contact our office for more details.
Our Other Programs
In addition to our summer program and individualized services, we also offer a wide range of group programs and supports for children and their families, including ADHD coaching, social skills training, in-home and community supports as well as consultations and counselling with our highly skilled and trained professional associates.
Who We Are
Bridges believes in a family-centred approach to helping children gain the skills they need to reach their potential. The focus is on building the children's success skills through meaningful, targeted supports.
We provide small group programming and individual consultation and support to families with children who have a range of developmental deficits.
Our primary focus is on building the foundations of social thinking, behaviour and language needed for success. Our approach is governed by research-based practices and Applied Behaviour Analysis.